The Bronze Medallion course is a skills-based award for ages 15 & up.
Our course provides you with the skills and knowledge of patrolling and surf awareness to become a surf lifesaver.
You will earn a nationally recognised qualification (Certificate II in Public Safety – Aquatic Rescue).
- Surf skills and beach awareness
- First aid
- Resuscitation (CPR) and using the defibrillator
- Rescue techniques, patient carries and preventions
- Signals and radio communication
- Fitness — running, swimming and paddling in the surf
Five days intensive course conducted 9-13 January 2023 between 9 am & 3pm (plus an assessment day TBC).
Normanville beach and the Normanville Tennis Clubrooms.
All candidates must have a reasonable level of fitness and must meet the following requirements:
Be a minimum of 15 years old on the assessment date
Be able to swim 400m in less than 9 minutes in a pool or the ocean.
Students completing this award will be eligible for SACE Credits.
To find out more about the Bronze Medallion, contact NSLC Instructor, Sean Faulkner on 0414 938 944