Bronze Medallion (Certificate II in Aquatic Safety)
The Bronze Medallion course is a skills-based award for ages 15 & up.
Our course provides you with the skills and knowledge of patrolling and surf awareness to become a surf lifesaver.
You will earn a nationally recognised qualification (Certificate II in Public Safety – Aquatic Rescue).
– Surf skills and beach awareness
– First aid
– Resuscitation (CPR) and using the defibrillator
– Rescue techniques, patient carries and preventions
– Signals and radio communication
– Fitness — running, swimming and paddling in the surf.
Five days intensive course conducted 9-13 January 2023 between 9 am & 3pm (plus an assessment day TBC).
Normanville beach and the Normanville Tennis Clubrooms.
- All candidates must have a reasonable level of fitness and must meet the following requirements:
- Be a minimum of 15 years old on the assessment date
- Be able to swim 400m in less than 9 minutes in a pool or the ocean.
Students completing this award will be eligible for SACE Credits.